According to statistics, there are over 5 million sellers across all Amazon marketplaces. And it’s not hard to guess that dozens of these sellers offer products similar to yours. For this reason, it’s crucially important to make your products to stand out.
If you want to be one step ahead of your competitors, you should learn how Amazon SEO works. It will help you to skyrocket product ratings and boost sales. In this article, you will find tips on how to use Amazon SEO to take your business to the next level.
The Amazon Sellers Rank shows the most frequently purchased items. It helps shoppers to discover the best products in a specific category or subcategory. The most popular product has the highest rating – it is #1 on the list.
The Amazon Best Sellers Rank is updated every hour, and it is displayed in the “Product details” section. Here is how it looks.
However, it is worth mentioning that some of the items sold on Amazon don’t have a category. And Sales Rank does not work for these products.
If you want to build a successful business on Amazon, you should remember three important things:
- Amazon works as a search engine that helps buyers to find relevant products. It means that the better your SEO strategy works, the more items you sell.
- There are dozens of similar products on Amazon. If you want to draw customers’ attention to your products, you should make them more visible. To do that, you need to make your products rank higher.
- Most of your competitors have already mastered Amazon SEO. So if you want to keep your business afloat, you should implement the Amazon SEO strategy as soon as possible.
Now you understand the importance of SEO for your Amazon business. And it’s time to learn what steps you should take to make your SEO strategy works. But first, let’s take a closer look at the basics of Amazon’s A9 Search Algorithm.
Amazon’s A9 ranking algorithm is rather complicated, and there is no need to study it in details. All you need to know that three key ranking factors are the following:
- Conversion Rate. Amazon counts the amount of traffic your product listing gets and the number of actual purchases. If prospective customers look through your products but make no purchases, product rating will be low.
- Keyword Relevancy. Amazon checks whether the product title and description contain relevant keywords.
- Customer Satisfaction. Seller feedback and return rate are also important. So you should do your best to make your customers happy.
Finally, let’s consider the steps you should take to adjust your strategy to Amazon’s A9 Search Algorithm.
What is the first thing that grabs the customers’ attention? It’s the title of the product. To optimize the title for SEO you should add as many relevant keywords, as possible.
Depending on the products you sell, the title may include the following elements:
- The initial title of the product (e.g., yoga mat)
- Brand name (e.g., Repose)
- The material, of which the product is made (e.g., organic cork and natural rubber)
- Exclusive features of the product (e.g., eco-friendly, strap included)
- Purpose of the product (e.g., for hot yoga, pilates, and exercise)
- Size of the product (e.g., 72″ long 24″ wide 4mm thick)
- Color of the product
The next step you should take is to describe your product. It’s highly recommended to do it using bullet points. List the benefits of your product in the order from the most important to the least important ones.
Every bullet point should consist of the short subheading (from one to three words) and a brief description (up to 200 characters). Here is an example.
Keep in mind that when you describe the benefits of your product, you should use keywords and do it wisely. For instance, if you sell eco-friendly items, don’t overuse the keyword “eco-friendly”. You may also describe your product as “planet-friendly”, “biodegradable”, and “non-toxic”.
A product description has a small direct impact on SEO. It’s a fact.
But the point is that a detailed product description helps customers to learn more about your items. And if you want to boost conversions rates, you should create a compelling product description. Here are a few tips for you.
- Learn more about your target audience. Find out whether your prospective customers have previous experience in using similar products. Find the right words to convince your target audience to try your products.
- If you have high writing skills, create product description by yourself. You know your products better than others, so you will be able to present them in the most favorable light. However, if writing is not your cup of tea, feel free to use online services such as TrustMyPaper.
- Restate the main features of the item. Focus the customers’ attention to the benefits of your product.
- Pay attention to the structure of the product description. Use subheadings and highlight the most important information.
If you sell electronic devices, you should always provide technical details in full. Firstly, it will allow you to boost your Amazon SEO. Secondly, it will help your prospective customers to compare your products with other options available on Amazon.
If you offer a wide range of electronics, you should create a chart or table that includes a detailed comparison of similar devices. Here is an example you should follow.
You sell your products online, and it means that your customers have no opportunity to touch, smell, and feel your products. They only can see your products through their screens.
For this reason, you should add more visual content. Photos and videos will help you to convince your prospective customers that your products are worth buying.
Keep in mind that images you use should have resolution 1,000×1,000 pixel. It will enable the zoom-in feature and allow your customers to take a closer look at your products. To boost your marketing efforts, use the following types of visual content:
Amazon sellers tend to make one big mistake – they use only product photos with a white background. But the truth is if you want to boost sales, you should use pictures that show how other people use your product.
Create infographics to explain sophisticated things in a simple, accessible form. Use text, charts, and other visual elements to show how your products work or what materials were used in the production of your products.
Show how your products look in real life and how it can be used. Explain all the benefits your product has.
If you want to skyrocket product ratings, apply the Amazon SEO tips given in this article. All these tips are simple, effective, and they work. Upgrade your marketing strategy and see your Amazon business growing.
About author: Kristin Savage nourishes, sparks and empowers using the magic of a word. Along with pursuing her degree in Creative Writing, Kristin was gaining experience in the publishing industry, with expertise in marketing strategy for publishers and authors. Now she had found herself as a freelance writer. Kristin runs her own FlyWriting blog.